December 16, 2020
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for your continued service during this public health emergency. We are thrilled you have chosen the DoubleTree by Hilton Greeley at Lincoln Park as your temporary home away from home! In an effort to protect you, our valued guests, and our staff we have made some changes in response to the current Corona pandemic.
Meeker’s restaurant is offering full dine-in service in the restaurant. Breakfast (7am- 10am daily) while lunch service is suspended indefinitely. Dinner service (4:30pm-9pm)
Breakfast (Dine-in or Pickup): 7am – 10am
Lunch Closed: 10am – 4:30pm
Dinner (Dine-in or Pickup): 4:30pm – 9pm
For In-room dining, please dial ext 5421.
Our public areas have a dedicated staff member to disinfect all surface areas throughout the day. We currently use an electrostatic spraying machine twice a day in all common areas, touch points and employee entrances. Our guestroom cleaning process follows Hilton and Lysol’s CleanStay room cleaning program. All employees provide a temperature check upon arrival for shifts daily as well.
Our housekeeping team is currently not providing daily service. What that means for you is your service will be limited to deliveries and pickups only. Staff is here to deliver any additional amenities you may require. Our team will continue to wear face masks and gloves when appropriate assisting with the care and pursuit of safety.
For those of you that are staying for 5 or more days, if you would like a fresh room after five days we would be happy to move you to a new room!
If you would like additional amenities, a trash or linen pick up, or any other services please contact the Front Desk. Please know that we have a guest service representative on site 24 hours a day to help assist with any needs you may have.
Thank you again for choosing the DoubleTree by Hilton Greeley!
May 26, 2020
Governor Polis has given Colorado Restaurants the green light to have dine-in customers starting Wednesday, May 27, 2020. Meeker’s: A Colorado Kitchen & Bar has been preparing for this day and is excited to invite you to enjoy a delicious meal in our restaurant and on our patio.
We have situated our seating capacity both inside by the bar and the patio in accordance to the guidelines set in place. We have been working consistently on all safety measures while serving curbside and takeout orders over the past 4-5 weeks.
The following has been and will continue to be in effect in addition to the new dine-in guidelines:
- Guest temperatures will be taken before guests can enter the restaurant. Any patrons with 100.4 temperature or above will not be able to dine in our restaurant. We are also administering a question as such: “Have you been exposed or in direct contact with anyone who is sick or diagnosed with the Covid-19 virus”? If answered “NO” then the guests will be allowed to enter.
- A minimum of 50% of the posted occupancy code with a max of 50 customers.
- All tables are at least 6 feet apart.
- No more than eight people will be sat at any table.
- Frequent and proper hand washing practices are in place by all staff.
- We have sanitizer stations set up and we require all tables, chairs, and bar surfaces to be cleaned and sanitized prior to dining and immediately after dining.
- Reservations are encouraged.
- Our team (front of the house and back of the house) wear masks at all times. We have been doing this already with all pick up orders and to-go orders.
- All service team members use sanitizer in and between all orders, delivery, and tendering of tickets.
- Team members check-in through a welfare desk each day which includes a temperature station, Covid-19 related screening questions, and mask distribution.
- Our hours of operation will be restricted and in compliance to Hilton standards. Currently we close the restaurant at 9:00 pm nightly to allow for a full deep clean each evening.
We look forward to serving you.
April 24, 2020
As Colorado slowly lifts the stay at home order, Meeker’s has decided, to reopen for curbside pickup and delivery options. As a small business, we took extreme measures to temporarily close as we felt it best for our staff and families.
As a small business, we feel like a slow, staged opening is best. Our first stage is to offer a limited menu and curbside and delivery service. Our goal is to stay in business for the long haul by taking all necessary precautions. We hope you support our local restaurant and enjoy a meal from Meeker’s.
We will keep you updated on the progress of our staged opening.
March 25, 2020
Meeker’s has made the decision to temporarily close due to careful consideration on what we feel is best for our staff and families. Please join us on social media for the latest updates on when we plan to re-open. Stay safe and healthy.
March 17, 2020
On March 16th, Governor Jarred Pollis order a statewide closure of all seating in bars and restaurants. As of March 17th, we will be offering curbside pick up for breakfast between 7am-11am and curbside pick up for lunch and dinner between 11am – 8pm.
This order for seating closure will stay in effect for the next 30 days. We will keep you updated as things are continuously changing.
March 16, 2020
1. We will be offering all menu items for curbside pick-up.
2. Additionally, we are offering new, family-style take-out dinners for just $39.
3. Anyone dining in will be seated with at least one table in between another to maintain social distancing.
For all curbside or pick-up orders view our menu here, please call: 970-353-1883
March 15, 2020 – COVID-19 Update: Banquets
We have been keeping a close eye on the COVID-19 situation and are dedicated to making adjustments that will result in the best possible situation for our guests and staff on an ongoing basis. As we navigate the evolving impact of coronavirus on our community, we are postponing/canceling all banquets over the next 2 weeks. We will continue to evaluate the situation and keep our guests and community updated. Thanks for your understanding. We know these are challenging times, and we’ll continue to do our best to serve you.
March 13, 2020
To Our Valued Guests,
As it has always been, the safety and security of our guests and team members remain our highest priority. We take great pride in maintaining the highest standards of cleanliness and hygiene. In response to the coronavirus, we have taken additional measures developed in consultation with global and local public health authorities (including the WHO and CDC) to make our cleaning and hygiene protocols even more rigorous:
- The Meeker’s team is receiving ongoing briefings and enhanced operating protocols.
- Several tables have been removed in the restaurant to allow for additional space between guests who choose to dine-in
- We have launched a menu available for take-out or curbside pickup
- We have heightened the frequency of cleaning and disinfecting all areas (including countertops, tabletops, bar area, caddies, TV screens, door handles, public bathrooms, etc.) and have continued the use of hospital-grade disinfectant.
- We will continue to adjust food and beverage service in accordance with current food safety recommendations.
- Re-training of a very already strict hand washing policy is being implemented by all employees
- We have increased the deployment of antibacterial hand sanitizers.
- Hilton Hotels has activated a regional and global response team to provide around-the-clock assistance and are prepared to act swiftly should we be alerted to a case of coronavirus at one of Hilton’s properties.
We know this is such a strange time, but it is also important to support your local communities right now, especially all the small businesses. Please remember to stay positive, support local, and to WASH YOUR HANDS, ALWAYS.
We are still open daily, as well as offering convenient pickup options.